To effectively achieve clean and clear streams in Lancaster County, our shared solution, vision, mission must all be synergistic parts of the process.
More than half of Lancaster County’s 1,400 miles of streams are impaired.
Lancaster County streams have the highest amount of nitrogen, phosphorus, and sediment in monitored areas of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. With a mixture of rural, suburban, and city landscapes, the source for water pollution is broad – but so is the opportunity for conservation and restoration.
Build and sustain a local multi-sector collaboration, supported by a strong backbone organization, to advance a community-led Common Agenda toward a shared result.
- Sustainable restoration of priority streams through regional collaboration and watershed approaches
- Use of data to consistently track progress, drive decision-making, and foster collaboration
- Acquisition of realistic, adequate funding for well-coordinated, common sense solutions
- Scaled use of sustainable, proven and promising practices (BMPs) at adequate levels for rapid success with the (CAP)
- Achieve policy and process changes that facilitate the needs of Lancaster County efforts
- Deploying an active communication plan to raise awareness that leads to behavioral change
- Through a backbone organization with strong, local leadership mobilize a collaborative, broad, and diverse partnership
- Leverage Lancaster County’s role in the Chesapeake Bay watershed to acquire adequate, sustained resources
- Share monitoring data on a common platform available to partners to prioritize resources and assess BMP effectiveness
- Implement an effective, equitable communications plan to educate and empower partners and all County residents to take action
- Focus on development and installation of BMPs with highest ROI and greatest potential for achieving clean and clear water
- Engage the business community to support the Partners by adopting internal policies and providing financial support
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and stay up to date on what we've accomplished, county news, job openings, and more!
BECOME A PARTNER ORGANIZATION
If you share our vision of clean and clear water in Lancaster County by 2040, we want to hear from you!