The LCWP is guided by a Steering Committee made up of representatives of
partner groups including, but not limited to, community organizations, government, the
scientific community, faith-based and philanthropic groups, economic development
efforts, educational institutions, environmental groups, and businesses. Representatives may
serve a max of three (3) terms of three (3) years each. Steering Committee members are
nominated by the Executive Committee and voted in by the Steering Committee. The group will
meet at least four (4) times per calendar year.
The Steering Committee’s primary responsibilities include:
● Development of the policies and purposes of the LCWP;
● Identifying priority issues and tasks to be pursued by the LCWP;
● Receiving and taking action on recommendations and/or projects advanced by
Action Teams or workgroups;
● Selecting a Chair and one Vice Chair;
● Develop priorities and strategies to achieve the LCWP’s Common Agenda;
● Annually reviewing the LCWP operating procedures/Guiding Principles, making
adjustments as necessary to ensure the effective functioning of the Partners.
If you have feedback for the Steering Committee, please send it via our contact page.
The Executive Committee shall be the Steering Committee Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, a
Secretary, and two (2) other Steering Committee members for a total of five (5). The Executive
Committee shall be chosen by a formal Steering Committee vote at a regularly scheduled or
special Steering Committee meeting. The Executive Committee’s at-large members must
represent the diversity of interests represented by the partners. The Executive Committee
members will serve two (2) year terms that are staggered to ensure continuity with the Steering
Committee. The Executive Committee will meet at least six (6) times per calendar year.
The Executive Committee’s primary responsibilities include:
● Managing the day to day operations and development of an annual operational
plan in coordination with the Coordinator;
● Contribute to the development of, and approve, meeting agendas;
● Designate or serve as primary spokespersons of the LCWP;
● Record minutes of each meeting and distribute them to the entire Steering
Committee before the next meeting.
If you have feedback for the Executive Committee, please send it via our contact page.